A microwave and a vacuum cleaner always come with a user manual. So do all products. But people don’t, until now.
An American health technology startup founder with 100+ employees wrote a manual about how others should use him to their greatest success. His personal user guide.
The motivation of this guy called Jay Desai is pretty clear:
People always harp on the importance of building trust and communicating, but they rarely say how. Write your user guide.
Why you should have one
A lot of people followed Jay’s idea by writing their personal guide. And maybe you should do so, too. It’s not only for managers, everyone can benefit from having one.
You can use it as a guide to success. The objective is to help others to get along with you better. At your work, for job applications or during job interviews. And, why not, at home, with your partner, your friends or within your sports team.
However, writing such a guide is not easy. That’s where we at CaPPr‘s come in. We decided to help you make a personality-based user guide. It’s quick, accurate and fun to do.
If you are already curious to try our private beta at this point, you can start right away. We are offering the test for free.
Create my personal guide It’s free.
Big 5 personality traits
We collaborate with professor Jan Schoormans of the design school at Delft University of Technology (Netherlands) to get scientific support and validation of our tool.
Let’s take a look at what our questionnaire says about my own personality profile as an example:
- I need variation in my life. So I have a great need for variety within my work, I am open to change and I am looking for innovations.
- I’m structured and disciplined. I ensure good preparation and organization. So I am focused on improving my personal performance and achieving good results. I work in a structured and disciplined way.
- I have a preference for being alone in a calm environment. So I am quiet and serious and have a preference for working alone. I need encouragement to express myself.
- I’m independent and let myself be guided by my own opinions and interests. So in my work I behave independently and I am guided by my own opinions and not by those of the group.
- I’m usually calm and in balance, but I’m sensitive to pressure or setbacks that can evoke stress reactions such as worry, anger and disappointment. So in my work I need to recover from stress sometimes.
This profile serves as a basis for my personal user guide. How nice would it be if I can share this profile with the people I work with, suggesting them how they can best approach me while also taking into account their own personality? That would save a lot of “if I had only known” hassle.
To access my personal user guide, my peers need to do the personality questionnaire themselves first. As soon as we have both profiles, my user guide will be shown to them from their personality perspective.
An example. An extraverted person will read that my being quiet doesn’t mean I do not value them, it just means that I am an introverted person that you have to poke a little to join in.
Meet the Swipeable
Our questionnaire tool is called the “Swipeable” because you swipe your way through the test to profile yourself. We are making this app available to help you generate your dynamic personal user guide that can then be shared with others in this innovative way.
A personal user guide with a 360 view. Each time you want to share your user guide with someone you can invite him or her to do the Swipeable and read your user guide from their personality’s perspective afterwards.
Like this, user guides will speed up trust and effective communication in your workplace.
Get yours now
Do you want to generate your personal user guide in a couple of minutes? You can do the test right now.
We are working hard on the personality-centric and dynamic content for the guides. Meaning you can already do the test now and we will get back to you soon with your dynamic personal user guide.
And by the way, we are offering the test for free. If you are curious to try our private beta, you can start right away.
Create my personal guide It’s free.